Dermatology Community
Persistent rash on rear-end and groin area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Persistent rash on rear-end and groin area

Never-ending rash...herpes or psoriasis?

by Peasunonily, 5 hours ago
Hi, I am hoping to get some insight as I await my upcoming dr's appointment. I was diagnosed with herpes over 8 years ago after my 1st sexual encounter (fun, huh?). I rarely take meds as I don't have the possibility of spreading the virus (I am still with the same partner) and I very rarely have any outbreaks. I currently have what I thought was an outbreak on the inside of my butt cheeks, but the "rash" has been there for over 4 months and has been completely unaffected by my taking acyclovir (1000mg) daily for 4 weeks and counting or Zovirax cream.
I have had similar "rashes" for the past 3 years. It has also appeared in the fold between my inner thigh and labia.
They come and they go, but only after a very long stay (min. 3 months). The rash is extremely itchy and my scratching can even make me bleed. I've noted that it not so sensitive to water as herpes blisters nor is it as painful - it's very itchy.

I've tried fungal ointment for jock itch, prescribed bacterial ointment, and Zovirax and none have had much if an effect. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing, the pressure of sitting ,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper, infections like STD’s and pinworms, anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, heat rash, sweat dermatitis, seborrhea and eczema.

Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin which are available over the counter. Also wear cotton clothes and apply calamine lotion on the rashes. If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Thank u. Will do.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703