Petechiae on feet for 12 months

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Petechiae on feet for 12 months

Hello, about a year ago, I developed what seemed to be petechiae on both the tops of my feet and around my ankles. I visited the doctor and he confirmed it to be petechiae. He did some blood work and it was completely normal, so he concluded that it was from trauma from playing soccer with cleats that were way to small for me. While it hasn't spread or anything, it hasn't really faded much either. .So my question is if it's normal to still have them for such a long time and is there any time of surgery or treatment i could get to have them removed or something? I'm an 18 year old male and I have never gotten [etechiae before. Thank you very much.
Petechiae are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They are common after skin trauma and viral infections. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then you should get it checked from a dermatologist. Then the other possibility of vascular eczema also has to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.