Pigment loss in genital area
About 7 months ago I experienced significant pigment loss on the bottom of my penis and front of the testicles. There are also a few spots around the base of the penis. I had been using Aldera for a genital wart condition for a few months. Can you shed some light on why this happened and if there is anything that can be done about it? It is very noticeable and embarrassing.

Previous inflammation or infections on the area may cause postinflammatory hypopigmentation. Also, applying abrasive medications may also lead to discolorations. Other differentials are vitiligo and a fungal infection. These conditions have to be ruled out as they also present with white skin patches. I suggest that you have this assessed by your dermatologist early on.Vitiligo are stark white well delineated patches of skin that may also affect the genitalia. At this point, we can not be very sure if the medication contributed to this skin condition. Vitiligo may readily be differentiated from fungal infections during a thorough physical examination.