Dermatology Expert Forum
Pigmentation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Pigmentation

My buttocks are much darker in colour compared to other parts.Not fully but at the sides.It looks ver ugly. There are lots of small pronounced spots where i have the discoloration. Also i have pigementation in inner thighs. This started recently. Many creams were suggeted by the physician. But no cure yet. They say it is difficult to cure . But I don't think so. I think it is an infection. Any solutions?
I'm not sure that what you have is even abnormal: there is a range of normal in how pigmented skin in these areas is.  It is indeed quite difficult to change skin pigmentation, particularly of the nonfacial skin.  Ask your doctor if what you have is a disease (fungus, eczema).  If not, I think you need to ask yourself why it is you are so disturbed by what is essnetially a variant of normal.  If you need counseling to come to terms with your own body, then you should seek it.

Good luck.

Dr. Rockoff
I have a similar problem but i have read that hydroquinone+Kojic acid along with Vitamin C application can help in this case. Also if AHA is applied prior to this so that the skin cells become more absorbant. What do you think about this treatment. Can you pls let me know asap coz i was planning to start this treatment.
A related discussion, pigmentation was started.