Pilonidal Surgery Problems!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pilonidal Surgery Problems!

I had a pilonidal dimple and received surgery for it in late december. He closed the incision (thank the lord) but the recovery was still bad. It was very painful and got infected and drained for a while. I went on antibiotics and the drainage stopped and I saw the doctor and he said I did not need to see him again and in 2 weeks I should be totally healed! Well, it was healing great for about two weeks until I began to feel slight pain there. I have continued with the slight pain slightly increasing for about two weeks until I looked at it today and found that there is a  fair sized hole exactly where the dimple used to be! After the surgery, the incision had separated into a couple openings after the surgery, and I am not sure if this is one of those or not but this one is bigger and more pronounced and is a perfect circle! It is moderately painful to the touch there and I am always slightly bothered by it. The rest of the incision appears completely healed! Also, it is not draining at all. What is this??? Please, this surgery has caused me so much stress already! Thank you so much!
It looks like the incision site has got infected and you may need topical and oral antibiotics. If the infection is deep and gaping then you may need debridement and resuturing. I suggest you to get it evaluated from your surgeon who performed the surgery.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.