Pimple in Vaginal area?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pimple in Vaginal area?

I have never been with anyone other than my husband and the same goes for him, so I know I dont have an std. BUT I do have a rather large looking pimple in my genital area (on the skin, not the labia) It is about 1/4 an inch in width and about 1/4 of an inch high. It looks like its filled with some sort of puss. I noticed it yetserday so it has not been there for very long. What should I do?
This kind of bump can be a sebaceous cyst,Bartholin’s cyst or a boil. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle be staph aureus.

There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops. This is felt as a painless, hard swelling.In such cases, antibiotics may be helpful, or surgical treatment might be required.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.