Pimple like bump on my 1 year old's face
My 1 year old has had a pimple like bump on his cheek for 2 weeks now. Its red, and looks like there may be white in the middle. Can anyone tell me what it is? Or what I can do for it?
This pimple like bump which is red with white in middle can be due to infected and irritated hair follicles, boil, contact dermatitis or due to some bacterial infection. Since the child is very young, I would not prescribe any medicine, but advice you to get it evaluated from a pediatrician. Till that time, apply some calamine lotion on the pimple and check out for such bumps on other parts on the body especially the foot and hands. Then viral infections have to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.