Pimple like bumps on arms?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pimple like bumps on arms?

8205135?1344042332
It started out a few weeks ago and I noticed about 6-8 pimple looking bumps on one arm while spending some time at a swimming pool all day.  I wore lots of sunscreen, but got the bumps that looked like pimples and itched pretty bad, and seemed to get larger the longer I was in the heat.  I originally thought maybe something bit me  

After the weekend the bumps either went away or were small enough I didn't notice them and I haven't really been in the sun for more than a few minutes since then.    

Fast forward a few weeks later and I was in the sun (with lots of sunscreen, and reapplied at least three times each day) for three days in a row 4-6 hours a day.  This time on the arm with 6-8 bumps - now I have 14+ larger pimple like bumps on that arm, they itch, and I now have 5-6 larger bumps on the other arm too.  Each day of the three days I got more bumps and after three days if I look closely I have a ton of smaller bumps on both arms - 50+ on each arm (noticed after I was looking hard to figure out what the heck is itching so bad on the top of my hand and forearms.

The pimple like bumps are not open sores and do not ooze.  I attached a couple of picks, but keep in mind they grow when in the sun all day and these pictures are of the bumps after they have reduced in size some.  I am a 39 year old white male.  Attached pictures
Cholinergic urticaria.