Pimple-like bumps on my crotch area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pimple-like bumps on my crotch area

About a week or two ago I noticed bumps on my crotch area (where my thigh meets my pubic region). They aren't very big in size, some of them have a "whitehead" at the top and some don't. I haven't had sex in about 8 months, so I doubt it could be an STD. I thought if I left them alone they would go away, but they still haven't. However, I have been using a tanning bed, and a sauna every day since then, which I've read is bad for this sort of thing. The bumps aren't itchy or painful, just basically ugly.

I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for 4 days from now, but I'm leaving for vacation in 7 days and would like this to be cleared up before I go. Because I don't know exactly what it is yet, I didn't want to apply any cream or anything to it for fear of making it worse.

Any help on what this could be, and what I should do would be very appreciated. Also, is it safe to apply a cream (like neosporin) to the area, even though I'm not sure what it is? I really don't want to make this worse. Thanks :)

I would put cocoa butter on it couple times a day, or before you go to bed that should clear it up real quickly. not neosporin. also if you have mupricon 2 % apply that. but you might not have that laying around since its a prescription. good luck!
From your symptoms it looks like irritated hair follicles from using the tanning beds and sauna. Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.