Pimple-like growth that won't go away? Been over 2 years....

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi everyone.

I have a pimple-like growth on my breast right next to my nipple. At first when I got it, I had slight body acne. So I thought it was just another pimple. But it never went away. Now it's over 2 years later and it's still there. It just looks like a pimple. It's 1 cm in diameter, has no white head, looks to be way under my skin, and I barely have any feeling in it, even when I squeeze it.

I'm only 18 years old. I thought before about going to a doctor about this but I was really embarrassed about it. Now I want to go because I'm starting to get worried, but I can't because I no longer have medical insurance...

Does anybody have any idea what this might be? I can't find any logical answers on Google :/
It can be a sebaceous cyst or any benign skin growth. Sebaceous cyst may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Usually they are harmless but if they start growing then you need to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I finally got the guts to tell my mom about it yesterday. I have an appointment at my dermatologist tomorrow. I'll let you know what he thinks it is.
Wow, wish you had the guts to tell your mom two years ago. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Probably a harmless skin tag. I had one to right of my breast for several years and a doctor squeezed it off.

Hopefully any other out of the ordinary changes that occur with your body, you will have the courage to tell your parents. :-)
The only reason I got the guts to tell my mom this time is because I was afraid it was skin cancer lol.
Well my dermatologist says he thinks it's a mole, even though it looks like a zit. He says he thinks this because I say it's looked the same ever since I had it and hasn't really changed whatsoever.

He says he wants me to just continue to monitor it for any changes. He says it's not necessary to do anything further than that because it doesn't seem to be a problem.