Pimple on my finger?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pimple on my finger?

Earlier this summer I got what looked like a small pimple beside the second knuckle on the middle finger of my right hand....it went away in about a week and a half and than right after that a second one appeared between that knuckle and where the finger joins my hand. They were not painful and there was no redness, they just looked like little white bumps. I was diagnosed with herpetic whitlow about 5 years ago and I freaked out cause I thought this was somehow related to to the pimple that have appeared, but the syptoms (symptoms) were totally different. Just last week another single pimple showed up on the side of my middle finger on my left hand and again...no symptoms....just what looked like a single raised pimple on my finger... is this something I need to worry about? Could it possibly be an STD? Could it be realted to my herpetic whitlow? Thanks everyone...
Wow...I wish I had used better spelling on that post...
One possibility for such a pimple on the finger is myxoid cyst. A mucous or myxoid cyst arises from degeneration in the connective tissue on the top of the last segment of the finger. It may connect with the joint at the end of the finger. A ganglion cyst is a swelling that often appears on or around joints and tendons in the hand or foot. I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation for this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your response....my main worry was that it it may have been related to herpetic whitlow, but from everything I've read, these pimples showed NONE of the same characteristics (swelling, itchiness, pain) and did not go along with what normally happens when I have an outbreak. I just found them more weird than anything. They just looked like small skin colored pimples with a whiteish tint that didn't get to the point where they looked like a face pimple with a white head, and than they just went away after a week/week and a few days.

Seeing a dermotoligist where I live is a bit of a hassle...the closest one is 2 hours away with a little bit of a wait to get in... I guess that's why I thought I'd throw my problem out on here first to see what anyone thought.