Dermatology Expert Forum
Pimple or Wart?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Pimple or Wart?

For the past 4 months right next to the opening of my urethra on the head of my penis is one white bump. It looks like a pimple, slightly raised, about 2mm in diameter. I have tried to "pop" it but with no luck. It doesn't hurt or itch. Is it just a very persistent pimple or is it a wart? I have had unprotected sex in the past but have been tested negative for all STDs. If it is a pimple, can I put an anti-pimple cream on it? Thanks.
It's probably a cyst or clogged pore of some kind.  I doubt it's a wart.  I suggest you not try to pop it, because that will perpetuate it.  A visit to a dermatologist should promptly clear the matter up.  I recommend that, because the bump, even if left alone, is likely to hang around a while, so you might be concerned unnecessarily if you don't have a definitive diagnosis.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
White pimply looking bumps have appeared on my scrotum, on the base of my penis and a little up the bottom of my penis.  The bumps look to be hair follicles since hair grows out of them.  They are painless but don't get worse or better.  What is this and is it serious?
i developed a small white lump around the base of the head of my penis, then one developed just above it on the head of my penis. The lumps are small and white. Also a red rash appears around the head of my penis after sex. The lumps are painless and don't grow or fade. i went to the GUM clinic and was tested for all STD's and i was clear, however the problem is still there. any suggestions?
I have permanant eyleiner couple of months ago
now on one eyelid where the eyleinr is I have 2-3 small white bumps not sure what it is can you please tell what it could be
About nine months ago I noticed a strange looking bump on my foreskin. It was the same color as my foreskin and I did not think much of it. Later I noticed another one about a centimeter to the left of that. This one seemed to have a seperation or split in the middle The bumps were very small and hardly noticeable at first. However, I freeked out and cut them off and now they look funny . The one on the left came back looking just like it did before, but the one on the right looks bigger and is somewhat greyish. I would greatly apreciate your oppinion on this. It could be nothing but it is starting to consume me.