Dermatology Expert Forum
Pimple that turned into skin growth
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pimple that turned into skin growth

About a year ago I noticed what looked like a pimple on my nose.  It was sore and really red.  I tried to pop it but very little if any puss came out and mainly just got more sore and bled.  After a period of time the swelling went down and the redness went away but a small skin growth remained.  It is a small skin colored growth that is not really noticeable unless you know about it.  I similar growth appeared again on my nose a short while later.  Now I have showed these to a dermatoligist who said that she would need to freeze them and remove them.  What she didnt say is what they were and what caused them and if there was anything I could do to remove them myself?  I have tried to kind of pick them off, but they just bleed and then when they heal they return the same as before.   Sometimes they are more noticeable then other days.  Seems like when my face is oily then are real noticeable and not as noticeable when my skin is drier.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JC