Dermatology Expert Forum
Pimple?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Pimple?

About a month ago, I finished a meal I was eating and noticed something in the back of my mouth on my palate.  It was white and appeared to look like a pimple.  I was surprised as I have never seen or felt this before.  It does not hurt, I have no other symptoms or ailments aside from this.  The odd thing is that after a day, the "pimple" will go away and leave a small red spot, the size of the pimple, on my palate.  It has not moved or grown larger. It remains the same size when it gets irritated.  I don't know what irritates it.  But every other day or two it will come back and stay for about a day.  There is nothing else in my mouth.  It is the only "bump".  It feels like food is on my palate when it is swollen, that is how I first noticed it.  I saw a doctor.  He says that it is not an STD.  He thinks it may be a stress ulcer.  But I don't think I'm stressed.  He prescribed me a mouthwash, but that did not get rid of it.  I am concerned because I have never had this before.  It must be something.  Is it a pimple, ulcer, start of an STD, or an allergic reaction to food.  Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
I suggest you show it to a doctor or dentists skilled in the diagnosis of the inside of the mouth.  A dentist would do.  This does not sound like herpes or an STD.  Herpes typically affects the outside of the mouth, near the lips, not the inside.  Also, it doesn't come and go every couple of days and last a day.  I advise you not to play with or rub it, and get examined by someone whose opinion you will trust.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I get the same thing on my palate in back.  It happens when I eat as well or when I brush my teeth.  It never seems to be there when I want to show the dentist.  Mine is fluid filled and probably the size of the tip of a pen.  I spoke to a dermatologist and ENT about it and they said it is most likely mucus getting stuck in the salivary gland and it swells and then once the mucus is released it goes down.  I just don't understand why it keeps coming back and why always in the same spot.  Have you talked to your dentist about it??  This started about a couple years ago for me.  How about you?
I have the same problem right now (and posted under the dental section).  I have a pimple like thing on my soft palete, that varies in size depending how aggravated it is.  In the morning, it is barely noticeable and almost totally flat.  Just a small white mark.  But if I eat something hard or sharp, the thing seems to fill with fluid and get aggravated.  I've tried to pop it, but I haven't been able to.
i just noticed something like a pimple on the roof of my mouth (that's the palate, right?).  Is it possible to get pimples inside your mouth???