Pimples and whiteheads after facial waxing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I got the sides of my face waxed 3 days ago and after a day i got tiny pimples/whiteheads all over the waxed area. Please can you tell me how long they will take to clear up? and what should i do? The last time i got waxing done last year, i got these pimples and they took almost 2 weeks to clear up. But this time i am not really sure. Please help!
If your skin is prone to folliculitis, then waxing even with facial wax will aggravate the condition. Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common even after waxing. If you still want to go in for facial waxing ,then apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream will also help.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you so much for your response. I did see my dermatologist and he told me that its not to do with the wax but the pulling of the hair and he told me not to get waxed again. He also suggested laser hair removal. I am thinking over that. Regarding the allergy and pimples, he has given 2 creams: Clinagel and Acne Med to be applied for 12 days and 1 tablet Azopik (Azithromycin Dihydrate) to be taken for 12 days. He said it will clear out by then. I really hope it does!
Whenever i get waxed, i do apply ice cubes and take an anti allergy and this time too i did but i dont know what went wrong. Ever since i have started using imported wax rather than the salon wax, i wasnt getting pimples. But this time i did unfortunately. Anyways i hope it clears out! Let me know if u know anything abt those creams and tablet that he has prescribed to me.
My pimples have almost cleared up :) Where have you disappeared?