Pimples on foreskin
(08/24/09) I was recently with my kids in a pool for couple of hours. I notice when I took a bath afterwards that I had some pimple in a red area underneath my foreskin (by the way I am not circumcised). I have several pimples that showed up when I pulled my foreskin back. I grew a bit concern when it started itching. I applied from triple ointment to the area and felt relief as the itching had stop. Is there something over the counter I apply to the affected area that can help get rid off the pimples. The ointment relieved the itch, but hasn't help the pimples go away.
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub, folliculitis, cysts or eczema.
Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.Also take oral antihistaminics like Bneadryl or Claritin to relieve itching. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps.Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.