Pimples on my vaginal lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pimples on my vaginal lips

I am not sure if i am duplicating my earlier question since my internet acted up so I am going to go through this again and if I am duplicating I am sorry.
I noticed a couple of years ago a few bumps on my inside vaginal lip and when i went for a pap smear I asked my gyno and he told me they were pimples. So even though i was embarassed i didnt worry. He told me to try to pop them or he could do it in his office. Embarassing...!!! I told him I would worry about it at home and i just tried to ignore it. He asked me if I ate a lot of fried foods and I thought ..Not more then anyone else I would think. What would this have to do with it?
Today, I noticed one of the lumps was swollen and with a tip on it and I used a warm wash cloth on it and this yellow dry like stuff came out. Harder then liquid and it was gross and now it hurts. Is this really pimples? If so what can I do? I have three of them and I noticed all three had white tips on them. I just want them to go away since its bothersome and embarassing. I did use to shave my entire pubic area including my inner lips...could this have caused this? Any help would be appreciated..
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other associated symptoms like change in urinary frequency or change in the urine's character?

Is there any associated vaginal discharge?

This may be a case of folliculitis.You have mentioned that you have been shaving the area and this could have led to the condition.Nicks and cuts that occur as one scratches or shaves the area may cause infection of certain organisms.Commonly,these are organisms that reside normally in the skin.Once intact skin is disrupted they may invade the tissues and cause overt infection.

Folliculitis is contagious while  acne is not.It is best to discuss this with your physician.You may need antibiotics to help control the infection.If this is acne, good genital hygiene and keeping the area dry will be able to help.
I just wanted to thank Vanessa for the advice. After reading up on these forums and researching, I believe them to be sebaceous cysts. I was amazed at how it matched what I was going through. I just bathed a lot and cleaned and put on antibiotic cream and aired my self out.  I am going to go back to my gynecologist to confirm this but I think it makes sense. It is just not a happy diagnosis since I think it might require surgery. Right now they are mostly gone and not bothering me. I do know that i dont have any unusal discharge but I do feel like a odor is there when it used to not be. I do work long hours and not a lot of air can get to my body so i wonder if that could have caused it. I have been putting on baby powder after bathing and before work so hopefully that will help too.
Its confusing but i hope it will all work out.