Pin and needle on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pin and needle on skin

I feel pin and needle kind of sensation for a couple of minutes everytime i am about to sweat or sweating. I have been feeling this since a couple of months. I have no history of any skin related problems
This feeling of needle ***** sensations that you are having are called Paresthesia. Chronic paresthesia indicates a problem with the functioning of neurons.

Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vitamin B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thanks.. I know my Blood sugar is really OK, i got it checked when this problem started. I felt this for the first time when i went to delhi this june for a conference. It was burning hot climate there and when i retured to bangalore i felt it for the very first time. I have been drinking just beer since long now, so alcohol should not be a problem either. Isn't it ?
Shall i start B12 tablets ? Which one due to recommend ?
Please post me your contact details.
Regards,
Ambar
Is peripheral vascular disease a cause for chronic migraine disease?  The only thing I've ever been told is that the parasthesis/peripheral neuropathy is that it's idiopathic, which I know means the doctor has absolutely no idea what causes it.  I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier this year, too.  I have discovered that Alpha Lipoic Acid does reduce the intensity and severity of the neuropathy.  The doctor said what I have is peripheral neuropathy, because of the burning and painful sensation I have so often on my scalp.  My doctor is fine with my using the Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is a type of antioxidant.  Also is it possible that I have both parasthesis and idiopathic peripheral neruopathy?  I definitely have the pins and needles sensation, but I also have burning and pain in places.
Hi Bhupinder, I am little worried about this problem. Though it does not happens very frequently and is not causing me big trouble. But still want to make sure what exactly is this. I have no pains in any of my body parts. Also I have quit beer for sometime now. I used to have unorganized lifestyle, as in staying up late, working without sleep but now i am planning to avoid that as well. Please help me out with this.
Please help me out guys !!
^^^^^^^^