Dermatology Expert Forum
Pin prick red dots on legs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pin prick red dots on legs

Hi, ever since I was 14/15 I have noticed that my legs are covered in tiny red pin prick type spots, I'm now 38. They are there all the time and never go away. Everyone kept telling me it was from shaving my legs, however, they appeared before I started shaving my legs. I know I have had them for years but I am really curious about wot they could be. They do not itch or hurt and are from my ankles to my thighs and it is only my legs. Any ideas guys?
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Thanks for posting your query.

It is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis without examination but from your symptoms Schamberg’s disease and capillaritis should be ruled out.

In capillaritis there are reddish-brown patches caused by leaky capillaries. Schamberg disease is a benign dermatoses with purpura due to leaking from capillaries close to the skin surface. Both of them have to be differentiated from other vascular disease.

You need to get it examined from a dermatologist and get a biopsy done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon. Wishing you good health.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank