Dermatology Expert Forum
Pin size red dots just under skin on fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have had these pin size red dots on my fingers starting about 2.5 years ago. They are mainly on the very tips though there is a patch of them that has now formed  on the side of my right index finger by the first knuckle. They are just under the skin and can be itchy and get inflamed when I scratch them. I have stuck a pin in them and a clear liquid comes out for just a second. It also feels as if pressure is released when I do this. I have also gone as far as shaving the top layer or two of skin in the areas with a razor blade and when I do this, again, a clear liquid comes out and there are little pockets or holes where the red dots were.

About a year ago I went to the dermatologist and he told me it was eczema. I have looked at hundreds of pics and cannot find any that look close to what I have. A couple months before I started to get these red dots I had formed what seems to be a callus between my index finger and thumb on both hands in the exact same spot. No, I do not use tools or anything else that would cause these to form. I shave them with a razor and they return after about a week. I mention this because I believe this is all related.

On a side note, I have had many other symptoms that started at about the same time as the red dot issues. Muscle twitching/spasms, diverticulitis,(diagnosed) 3 ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis throughout my body, constant fatigue, one kidney is atrophic, massive headaches in the morning and other obscure symptoms. I'm only 37 years old and should not have all of these things go wrong at about the same time.(about 2-3 years ago)

I believe this is all somehow related because the symptoms just keep getting worse. I have been to many doctors about all this and they all throw their hands up in the air. Personally I think it's some type of autoimmune disease. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Tags: red dots
Please stop attacking yourself with pins and razors.  I'm not sure whether you have anything wrong at all, but whatever it is is not likely to be related to your internal issues, which you should review with an internist right away if you haven't already done so.  Leave your skin alone and let a doctor examine you in person.  This can't be done by internet.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff