Dermatology Expert Forum
Pink Bump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Pink Bump

For the past year I've had a raised pink colored bump on the underside of my left forearm. It's hard, hasn't changed in size very much (smaller than a pencil eraser), and looks pearly/translucent. When I first noticed it I thought it was a pimple and tried to pop it. It scabbed over, then turned pink again. Sometimes it almost looks like there's a little white pimple on it, but that disappears and reappears randomly. Of course I'm worried that this is some form of skin cancer, and I have an appointment with a dermatologist set up for after the holidays. Also, in the past few weeks I've noticed a similar place on my scalp above my ear on the right side. It is covered by my hair, and is pink and slightly raised. It seems to have increased in size a bit, but is still about the size of a pencil eraser.  I'm really stressing myself out that it is some sort of melanoma that has spread.  Is this even possible?  Thank you for your advice.
This sounds nothing like skin cancer, melanoma or otherwise.  It's probably a mole or cyst, or some other form of benign growth.  You should leave it alone until you're seen, so as not to confuse the dermatologist who sees you.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Sounds like Psoriasis to me.
Itchyone:

I think you nailed the stretch marks, but psoriasis doesn't present as a hard , pearly bump....

Dr. Rockoff
Thanks Doctor.  I've looked at pictures of various skin cancers on the Internet, and the place on my arm resembles some pictures of both basal cell carcinoma or nodular melanoma.  It's a hard, rounded pinkish-red spot that is smaller than a pencil eraser.  The place on my head is flatter, about the same size, and the same color.  Seeing the pictures on the Internet really scared me, especially nodular melanoma. I don't have any discoloration on my spot, just pink.
Thanks Doctor. I've looked at pictures of various skin cancers on the Internet, and the place on my arm resembles some pictures of both basal cell carcinoma or nodular melanoma. It's a hard, rounded pinkish-red spot that is smaller than a pencil eraser. The place on my scalp is flatter, about the same size and the same color. Seeing the pictures on the Internet really terrified me, especially nodular melanoma. I don't have any discoloration on my spots, just pink.
Sorry Doctor I misread what she posted. I thought she said the area was a pink bump with scaly with pearly/translucent shedding. My fault.
Hi, I'm a 22 year old male and for the last month and a half I have had groups of small pink flat spots mostly on my thighs but also on my knees legs stomach wrist and shoulders that don't itch or hurt and sometimes fade away one hour and then appear in the same spot or near it an hour or two later I have seen 3 doctors who all agree they don't believe its an std due to the fact they have been there for 6 weeks straight and don't hurt or itch and its on a few areas of the body but its not on my penis or balls so I'm wondering if its a skin condition maybe the ringworm I have has spread or something but I'm confused and am looking for answers