Pink Patch With Red Streaks From Far From NoSeeUms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've been looking all over the internet for pictures of what this is but can't seem to find one however I've found several different things that match up.

OK - These annoying bugs, called "NoSEEUms", have eaten me alive which explains the red bumps on the arms and so forth. However on lower right leg since I can't put my calf in front of my face I was describing from the distance as a pink patch with dark red lines. I decided to take a close up of it and it looks disgusting. Thinking it was another one of these bugs, about 3 days ago, i started scratching it and when I touched it then it felt like I was scraped but when I ran my finger over it, it felt smooth. It doesn't itch anymore but it's still there. Could it be coincidental that it happened around the same time as the bugs?

I'm including a link to the picture of it since I can't post pictures here. Please tell me what you may think this is for some peace of mind so that I can stop thinking my leg is going to fall off or it will spread all over me. I have included a picture of what it looks like, please take a look at it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WqiVOGPMJlFcyem5XLIDOg?feat=directlink

Your help is appreciated, thank you.

-Me