Pink rash turned rough & dark maroon!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pink rash turned rough & dark maroon!

For about a month, I have had a mildly itchy rash on my inner arm. It starts from my bicep and leads down to the center of my forearm. They are tiny, pink, are in clusters, and is warm & slightly sensitive to the touch.

nitially, the rash was on the left arm. It had a rough texture and went from pink, then red, then to maroon. When it was almost brown, the rough layer sloughed off (after about 5 days). Now my right arm is showing the same symptoms of the first rash.

I noticed the rash started when I had some alcohol this past Memorial weekend. I usually "flush" but it goes away after a couple hours. However, the "heat" from my flush stayed in my inner arms and became itchy.

It could have due to food allergy to the ingredients of alcohol. You may apply a mild steroid cream like 1% hydrocortisone cream and take OTC anthistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin. Also apply some calamine lotion as it helps in soothing the skin.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.