Pinprick red flat dots on inner lip that can disappear in a day sometim...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pinprick red flat dots on inner lip that can disappear in a day sometimes

For the past year and a half, I have been getting these very tiny pinprick red dots on my inner lower lip from time to time.

The red dots seem to appear overnight and can disappear that same day or the next day at the longest. Twice, I have been able to "scrap" the red dot off with my nails and when I did that, nothing appeared to be in the location where the red dot was originally located.

The pinprick dots are usually dark red, the size of a pen's point, not itchy or burning, and not filled with any fluids. Can anyone tell me what this can be? a bacterial, fungal, or viral infection? On top of the red dots, my lips have been a lot more dry, white, and crusty in the mornings in the past year or so as well. Is there a connection? Please help!