Pityriasis and Eye Pain
Sudden very itchy rash all over back and chest and now a few spots on arms and is migrating to the groin area.  My Primary felt it might be pityriasis even though I am quite a bit older than the usual young people who get this.  Have had this almost three weeks.  He told me to see a dermatologist but everyone I have called does not have any open appointments for at least two weeks.  I have been taking Benadryl for the itch and using cortisone cream.  It only helps for awhile.  What is now concerning me is that yesterday my left eye started hurting--not red, nothing visible, just feels like there's something in there and it's tired.  Does this mean it's not pityriasis and should I visit an urgent care place before my dermatologist appointment in a week and a half?
It can be due to hives, pityriasis rosea or due to shingles especially atypical. In this there is pain and sensitivity in a particular dermatome especially under the armpits and on the trunk and there is no appearance of any rash or blisters.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you.  I am just trying to hold on til my dermatologist's appointment next week.  I have had to wait and beg for this appointment and, in the interim, the rash is "spreading".  Now on back of knees and in the groin.  I have tried all kinds of topical cortisone creams and antihistamines but I also simply do not "feel well".  Nothing I can put my finger on just very tired, achy joints and this all-consuming itching.  I just hope when I do get to the dermatologist there is at least something that will take the itching away while we determine what this is.