Dermatology Community
Pityriasis and Eye Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pityriasis and Eye Pain

Sudden very itchy rash all over back and chest and now a few spots on arms and is migrating to the groin area.  My Primary felt it might be pityriasis even though I am quite a bit older than the usual young people who get this.  Have had this almost three weeks.  He told me to see a dermatologist but everyone I have called does not have any open appointments for at least two weeks.  I have been taking Benadryl for the itch and using cortisone cream.  It only helps for awhile.  What is now concerning me is that yesterday my left eye started hurting--not red, nothing visible, just feels like there's something in there and it's tired.  Does this mean it's not pityriasis and should I visit an urgent care place before my dermatologist appointment in a week and a half?
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to hives, pityriasis rosea or due to shingles especially atypical. In this there is pain and sensitivity in a particular dermatome especially under the armpits and on the trunk and there is no appearance of any rash or blisters.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to hives, pityriasis rosea or due to shingles especially atypical. In this there is pain and sensitivity in a particular dermatome especially under the armpits and on the trunk and there is no appearance of any rash or blisters.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Thank you.  I am just trying to hold on til my dermatologist's appointment next week.  I have had to wait and beg for this appointment and, in the interim, the rash is "spreading".  Now on back of knees and in the groin.  I have tried all kinds of topical cortisone creams and antihistamines but I also simply do not "feel well".  Nothing I can put my finger on just very tired, achy joints and this all-consuming itching.  I just hope when I do get to the dermatologist there is at least something that will take the itching away while we determine what this is.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank