Pityriasis rosea misdiagnosis?
Hello All,
3 months ago I developed a mark on upper chest. Within 2 weeks it grew to a 2 inch circle scaly red patch with clear center and raised edges. Doctor immediately said it was ringworm without doing any further tests except the visual exam. I was given an antifungal cream that I used for 2 weeks...the patch became worse. I then started to develop smaller patches on arms. Went to a diff doctor who immediately said it was "classic" ringworm. Was given another cream. Another 2 weeks later developed more patches on palms of hands, stomach, and chest. Back to a diff doctor who said ringworm again, was given an oral antifungal for 10 days and more creams. None of which has worked only got worse. Then went to a dermatologist who says it "might" be pityriasis rosea. She has some doubts because the rash has developed on genitals, feet, and palms of hands and the herald patch is completely gone already which none of which are common with PR. She ran blood tests and scrapings which come back in 4 weeks! Currently 3 months out from first sign the rash has developed over entire body.There is at least 50+ patches. Some of which have severely scabbed over and crack and bleed.  Since the start of the rash I've gotten bacterial vagintosis 5 times! This was never an issue before. I've also been sick with flu like symptoms 3 times and have headaches 2x a week. My large concern is that all the doctors are wrong and its something more serious like Lupus. Anyone have a clue what is going on?
It is very less likely for pityriasis rosea to present on feet or genitalia. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.
However to rule out any autoimmune disease and other possibilities it would be best to get a biopsy of the sin scrapings done. Treatment is diagnosis specific and once diagnosis is confirmed treatment can be started.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.