Plantar wart WILL NOT GO AWAY

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Plantar wart WILL NOT GO AWAY

Ok I have had this wart on the ball on my foot for years.  There are a few and now they are large and thick.  It must have roots an inch deep at this point.  I should have just let it be but I have seen about 10 doctors for it (derms and dpms).

I have tried
-Doctor applied acids
-Dozens of doctor freezings
-many self freezings
-Candida antigen injections
-Duct tape for months
-Aldara
-50% salicyclic acid (self applied)

The only thing that seems to be left is bleomycin which my doctor is unwilling to do.  She said I could be left with a hole in my foot.  She says the only thing she can think of is trying many candida shots (we only did 1 injection a week for 5 weeks - the standard) or do a combination of salicyclic acid (to thin the skin) and aldara (which may have had problems with absorption before).  

Does ANYONE have an idea?  has anyone tried bleomycin>  I would like to avoid simple/homeopathic stuff --- I think this is WAY beyond that
first off, warts do not have roots. that is a myth. if you cut a ward open and see black dots that's blood not seeds, as well,just to clear up any misconception.

secondly plantar warts are very difficult to treat. what you may need is a an aggressive dermatologist who will perform an ED&C(electro dessication (desiccation) and curretage) you would have to be off your foot for a good week however as it would indeed leave a wound on your foot. but that is the most effective process i have seen for a resistant wart. aldara seldom cures stubborn plantar warts and the acid is not much better. as for shots, that gets expensive and is debateable too.

there are not any homeopathic remidies to a wart that has resisted conventional medicine as i know it.
Your situation sounds similar to mine.  I have two really large warts on my left foot that absolutely will not go away (one has been there for about 4 years, the other for 1 year).  I'm on my 4th dermatologist, they've been frozen 12 times, and one has been injected with bleomycin 4 times.  In addition, I've used acids and shavers extremely aggresively the past year, and have also tried home remedies such as apple cider vinegar, banana peel, vitamin A & E, Aldara, and pretty much everything else you can think of.  I have not tried Candida yet, but I think I'm going to try that next (the dermatologist does not recommend surgery due to the size of the wart).  Did the Candida have any effect on you?  As far as Bleomycin goes, my dermatologist first froze the wart (for an extreme length of time), then injected a needle as deep as he could until he heard me gasp (basically stuck the needle right on a nerve).  That was by far the worst pain I'd ever felt, but it was over extremely quickly (no more then 1 second).  He did this twice (I couldn't have taken a third).  The next two injections were nothing like the first two in terms of pain (I think he injected the bleo while still in the numb area), but it still was not a pleasant experience.  Within a week or so, I saw little black areas around the injection sites (maybe a mm in diameter), and since then the wart has reduced in size, but is still extremely large.  To be honest, I was hoping to see a big hole in my foot from the bleo, but that never happened.  
This is interesting.  

On the candida - it worked wondering on my face (flat warts, tiny, very few).  I still get them on my face but they just disappear in a month - its pretty amazing in that sense.  It also doesnt really hurt much and there is no scarring

I dont think I want to try candida on my foot because we have already tried it and Ive heard it doesnt work well on plantar warts.  If you want to try it, i would do many injections - like once a week for like 10 weeks - and see what u think

On the bleo...that is also interesting.  I have heard of extreme pain but I also heard that they inject right under the skin.  I have even heard that some dont even inject - they put bleo on the wart and then poke holes or macerate it a little.

thoughts?
I have had two warts on my toes for years. One is on the bottom side of my big left toe and the other is on the inside of my 2nd biggest toe.They are probably both the size of a small fingernail. I am currently treating them with the ole' Apple Cider Vinegar. So far, it seems to be working. I cover the nasty warts with Cider soaked cotton balls wrapped in a band-aid. I do this before I go to bed and have woke up a few times due to a burning sensation on my toes. The pain was not really bad, but umcomfortable you know? After 3 or 4 nights of doing this I have picked out those little black/brown dots that I saw thinking that they were seeds but I guess it's blood. How far do plantar warts go down into the skin? When you see the dots, are you close to the end? If you have any information on the breakdown of plantar warts please reply. Thanks!
My daughter had a plantar wart on ball of right foot.  They do put down roots or feelers which can go deep into foot.  Very painful to walk on.  Our Dr. recommended either cutting out or freezing, but freezing could take several sessions.  She chose cutting out.  Most painful was numbing of foot.  Dr. basically cut out an area about the size around of a cigarette and maybe up to 1/4 - 1/2-inch deep, then cauterized it.  That was over a year ago and she has had no return of the wart, which can happen if you don't get it all.  Would not waste time on any more products.  Just get the surgery.
they do NOT grow roots. that is an old wives tale
Don't know if you're still having a problem, but I just got treated for a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot which is smaller than a dime.  Freezing didn't work because there was a thick callus on the wart, so the doctor numbed my foot first, which was painful, then shaved off the skin until he got to the blood vessels.  He said that we could try freezing the wart again since we were closer to the blood vessels, but he suggested we burn the wart with an electric needle since I was numb already and would not feel it, which was the electrodessication and curretage.  I have read that warts do not have roots and that it is a myth.  From what I've read about burning the plantar wart, it works better than freezing for this particular type of wart.  Also, if you pick at a wart and the blood touches another part of the body, it can cause more warts to grow.  For more information, google "do warts go away" and read up on some of the articles.  The articles have preventative tips, treatments, and a lot of useful info.  Hope this helps.
I have a few warts on my feet. It started with one on my left foot. I tried to get rid of it usung Douplant but gave up after no success. I didn't take it seriously and it spread. First to my other foot, then to my son. They are highly contagious, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.As far as roots, well I know that the medical community will tell you they don't have roots. I am willing to bet though that the folks who say they don't, have never had a plantar wart.

If you cut down a tree in your yard and you keep cutting below the surface only to find more wood, that wood is root structure. LOL I have chopped my warts well below the surface skin using an exacto knife only to find a hole, well below the surface, and it's wart going way down. To me, that's roots.

You would need to kill the stuff deep in that hole. But there is nothing short of nuclear material that will kill wart infection. (Unless George Bush has conspired to hide that too.)

Since I have been suffering with these warts for 6 years now, I am planning to get expensive surgury to cut them out, and I want the surgeon to go deep and wide, view it like cancer. Get it all.

Till then, I have turned to industrial chemicals starting with raw chlorine bleach in the hole.

Note, your body weight on your warts is what is pushing them deeper everyday. If you can somehow keep the weight off the wart as you are trying to annihilate it, perhaps you may get lucky.
I had planters warts on my feet for a good 5-6 years. It was only one when it started out but eventually grew to be a cluster the size of a quarter.

Like you I tried freezing, acids, home treatment creams patches gels etc and none of it worked in fact I think some of them made it worse.

What worked for me was the duct tape, but I did it a little differently. I exfoliated the area first with a pummice stone and then watshed with soap and water, pat dry. The exfoliIating helps to get the thick skin off and expose the vessels (brown specs).  Then I applied organic white vinegar with a swab( might sting a little but it goes away) and allow it to throughly air dry. Then cover completely with duct tape. I found the smoother duct tapes seemed to work at wart removal better, but the type with more threads in it sticks on better, I used a combination of the two in layers so it would stay put for most of the day or night. When ever the duct tape comes loose reapply the vinegar and fresh tape.

I started seeing a big difference in just a few weeks, but it did take about 6 months to get rid of the entire cluster. It has been 2 years since I did this and I have not had another wart since, and there is no sign I ever had warts.

This has to be one the cheapest and easiest wart removal methods, and there is no harm in trying it.
Duct tape?  I don't get it.  What in the WORLD does that have to do with getting rid of a wart??  This really sounds like a wive's tale.  Regarding warts and 'roots', whether you 'call' them roots or not, a plantar wart can grow very DEEP into the body, that's close enough to be considered 'rooting' to me!!  I had two removed years ago, and I thought they came right back.  Went in to have them removed years later for the second time and was told that these were not warts, just callouses.  Go figure!  Now I shave them regularly and have no pain.
I have used everything on the market with no results. One day i used straight tea tree oil, and they disappeared within 48 hours, never to return! these were warts I had all over my hands for 6 years. However, I have since then got planter warts, and it has not worked on them, but for the others it was a miracle.
Plantar Warts are not fun, but this is what I did and it worked for me... I had never had any expierence with these warts and as such when my foot started hurting, I ignored it, but soon it became difficult to walk. I play basketball and found my foot in pain every time I played. I went to a foot doctor and was told I had a plantar wart. He told me about the different approaches (cut it out, freeze it, lazer it) but I knew all these things would precede to have a few weeks recovery time, so he said I could try Dr. Scholes (these were a joke) I found myself back to the foot doctors a few months later with a much bigger wart. So I took the next step and got it cut out (OUCH!) which is susposedely more reliable than freezing. Months went by and the hole on the bottem of my little toe finally filled in. For a few weeks I thought it had worked, but soon that same toe began hurting worse. I went back to the doctor and was astonished he said, "it came back with a fury," now I had five new warts covering the bottem of that little toe. He sent me to a specialist and she wanted to lazer them off, but told me I would be left basically with no little toe for some time. The first expierience of cutting it out was painful enough, I didn't want to go through something like that again. She then told me about the injections (ugh more pain). I was to the point I would almost do anything to be rid of them. I had to pull out of her another option, an immune responce cream. There were two steps, first cream I put on for a week, my whole toe turned white, and I peeled away all this skin (this hurts but the more you reveal the warts, the better chance you have). Then the next cream was the treatment, I was to apply this every night with duck tape (I found myself waking up in the middle of the night with my toe throbbing so bad I couldnt sleep, this means its working).I also took vitamin C,E, and beta carotine every day to booste my immune system. I did this for months and soon they shrank and turned pink and eventually dissapeared. It has been a year and no more plantar warts, the good thing about this stuff is, my body fought the warts off itself, now I have immunity to the warts as opposed to cutting, freezing, and lazering. I hope this helps, I know how terrible those can be.
duck tape alone works for plantar warts... it takes several months depending on how large they are but i have tried this and it works on plantars the size of my baby toe

change the duck tape every day, cover a little more surface than the wart itself, foot should be dry, DONT FORGET TO PUT MORE TAPE ON IF THE OLD STUFF FALLS OFF OR IT WILL TAKE WAY LONGER !

the tape suffocates the infected cells

or if ur a bush man like me drink a bottle of whiskey, cut the wart out with a razor blade held with pliers, then freeze the hole.....OUCH, but it works when all else fails
ok i just did this 10 mins ago... ok get a knife. pocket knife, razor blade, scalple... what ever you have. and some toe nail clippers (big ones) disinfect everything!! cut around the wart, seperating the live skin from the wart. there are roots on a wart but they are just to ancor it down so it cant come off, Not To Grow Back. ok once you have the sides sepoerated, the wart should be protruding higher than your skin. ok put something down, dont make the mistake i did and do this without preperations.  lay down some paper towels... grab the tip of the wart with the clippers and pull!!!! this will hurt but its a weird hurt that tells you your doing it right.  pull that out and the bottom of it should me kinda smooth but totally white.  quickly rub it down with alcohol before the blood comes pouring out.. slap some gause on it and apply pressure for at least 5 minutes.  let go and put a bandage on it pretty tight but dont get crazy. the next morning, put some neosporin on it and bandage it up.  im going to tell you,, you will have a hole where your wart was but it will heal soon.. good luck and i hope this works for you.  remember no pain no gain!!!
i'm gonna heat up a nail with a tourch and burn the !@#$ out of the damn things. i'm so sick of this crap. had them for four months and they are getting worse. i'll let you guys know how it goes.
I've suffered from warts on both my feet and hands for many years now. I have several plantars on one of my big toes which have been driving me nuts.

I've been using Aldara every week for about 2 months now, as prescribed by my dermatologist and it's the first thing that's really worked. He recommended using Aldara and the duct tape technique but so far it has eradicated all the warts on my hands... it's incredible. As for the plantar warts, there was a large red one on the bottom of one of my feet and that went away with the Aldara.

The others are talking longer but as a previous poster pointed out, it may be a problem of absorption so I'm now trying to get as much callous and dead skin off as possible before applying.
i just cut the top of one wart off and burned the root with a hot nail. did that to a wart on my hand and it worked. i'm also trying compound w on some of them. i riped a small one out with plires and must have got the root because it didn't come back. trying all kinds of stuff. i'll let u all know what works the best in the end. i also heard that drs have an antibiotic for them now too along with freezing.
I had warts on my fingers, and toe and one appeared on my mouth, it was making me v. distressed and i also tried everything. Finally found Apple cider vinegar and tried that, IT WAS AMAZING! i also ate more white fish. within a few weeks they had all gone, it was incredible. I am writing this because I know how you feel. Try these things!
Keep your foot completely dry at all times, tie a plastic grocery bag around your foot when you take a shower, never get it wet til the warts are gone.

also, put fingernail polish on them, this will suffocate the cells, coat and seal them, also wrap them in bandage tape, and duct tape.  Warts occur on your skin because they need air.
I thought they were callouses for 20 years. My dermatologists pointed them. Lately I exposed them and now I can
See them. They are time consuming. I have clusters & I guess it amounts to at least 50 or so. I'm basically doomed. I recently purchased the tape dots w/ 40 % salicylic acid & thAt's when they became more visible. They are shrinking. But it requires persistence. I had 1 on my finger that came off easily with 2 freezing sessions. The dermatologist wasted much of my time on the warts on my feet.
i had a large plantar wart on my foot with a lump of dead skin around it. i used to shave it off with a double edged razor blade to try and minimize the callous and discomfort from walking on it. i got sick of it and left it for six months - the wart has been there for about 7 years. recently after noticing that the large lump of skin was back and starting to hurt when i walked on it i decided to try something different. i poured rubbing alcohol directly into the dry cracky mess of dotted skin and could tell it was seeping into the moist white crumbly wart tissue below the dead skin. i forced the rubbing alcohol in and was quite surprised when it started feeling numb inside my foot with a discomforting feeling - not so much pain, but a slight vibration feeling or tingling. it went way in about 5 minutes. now about a month later and i swear to god the wart is steadily dying. it feels like my body is finally trying to fend off the virus and the wound appears to be magically shrinking. give it a try and ill update with results. - just make sure you have not had any recent cuts or bleeding because that would hurt like hell. good luck!
The whole ongoing debate about "roots" on this is so stupid.
Whatever you call it, you are all referring to the same thing. Stop battling semantics.
I have a plantar on my foot. I thought it was a callous for a long time because I used to be a ballet dancer and had many callouses and blisters.
But now, years later, my feet are fine but I realized the plantar was still there and not a callous. So I am doing what my friend who is med school did to successfully rid himself of one a few months ago. Slowly pulling it out with tweezers and using a 12 week at home freeze off everyday. It involves a lit of blood and some pain. And a little patience. But it works. And involves no dr.
Here is my take.

I have been fighting a large planters wart on the right palm of my hand.

I put everything you can think of on it.

Medical Dr freezing and the same as you have and here is what I discovered.

First let me say.  Everyone is correct on that, there is no roots.

Warts are a type of HPV.. which has many, many strains...

The reason it chooses certain parts of your body is not known... but what is known is that it chooses parts that have a lot of nerve endings... that is why it is so painful to cure.

I have been getting good results with an old home method, but you must do it for at least one month...and some times a little longer... so you have to be paitent.

Here is what I did.  APPLE-CYDER-VINIGAR, COTTON BALLS, HARD AS NAILS CLEAR NAIL POLISH, PUMICE STONE AND BAND AIDS.

1.PUT THE VINIGAR AT NIGHT WITH A COTTON BALL (ONLY THE SIZE OF WART) COVER WITH BAND AID.
2.WASH HANDS WITH THE VINIGAR IN THE MORNING AND PUT THE NAIL POLISH THROUGH THE DAY SO YOU WON'T ALLOW AIR TO SKIN, ALLOWING YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM TO SEND HELP TO AREA.
3.RUB PUMICE STONE ON IT BEFORE YOU DO STEP (1) AGAIN TO TAKE OUT DEAD CELLS.
So far it seems to be working.  It has reduced a lot in only one week.
The vinigar will cause pain(nerve endings).
I am a scientist at heart and have examined it closely. It will alway try to grow skin upward as if it needs oxigen so make sure the nail polish covers on it and around it.

Hope this helps....

John.
P.S.  A substitute for the vinigar is to use a thin slice of garlic that covers the entire wart and then put the cotton on top, then the band aid... but be careful.. garlic is very powerful and can litterally burn you.

good luck.
I’m sure some will want to discredit this, but I had a tough case, and I know how it feels to want to get rid of them, desperately,  and it worked for me.  I had tried everything, and happened to be visiting with an Old School doctor on a totally different issue.  At the end of our visit, he asked me if there was anything else I wanted to discuss, and so I half-heartedly said “yeah you could help me get rid of these things on my feet”.  He looked at them and said “those are plantar warts…I can tell you how to get rid of them, but you have to follow it to a T.  If you don’t then it won’t work.  If you stick with it, then it WILL work.  He then gave me the solution....(which I blindly followed, equally parts excited that he had the cure and that I was so desperate to find a solution).  Well it definitely worked, and here is the solution…to be followed to a T.  

1) Soak your foot in water, as hot as you can take it, for 10-15 minutes.
2) Let dry for 5 minutes.  Apply Saliacilic Acid gel onto the area, then Duct Tape over to fully cover (over-cover by at least an inch to fully seal).
3) Live as usual, Shower as usual, but leave taped area alone for 3-5 days.  
4) Remove and repeat #1.

It takes about 3 to 5 weeks, and the area does get sore, more toward the end (because the Saliacylic acid is eating away at good tissue around the wart too).  The pain is minor.  Then at the end, I pulled off the duct tape, and the wart was hanging onto it...pulled completely out of my foot...there were tentacles on this wart and they were moving (or maybe I was moving them as I hauled them off).  I'm not kidding.  Disguisting.  Must have been the "roots" that some folks claim they don't have.  Anyway, it left a tender "hole", and some very slight bleeding, but I put some neosporin and a bandaid on it and kept it cleaned and it healed back just fine.  My foot shows no sign of anything...no scar, nothing, and it's been five years now and no sign of recurrence of the wart.  I know you will think this is crazy, but it worked for me and I am SO happy.      
I have been treating these little suckers for years unsuccessfully!
I've tried literally everything and i couldn't take it anymore.  Today i went to the podiarist and he prescribed me with a prescription i think aldara. He said that if this hasn't worked within three weeks he will do surgery with a laser.  The surgery will leave a wound he said, but im betting on the fact that he is only going to get the large cluster, not the other little warts that aren't fully showing. Anyone actually had this done sucessfully please let me know.  This is one of the most annoying/ embarrassing things ever!
Okay they may not be roots literally but chill out when people dont use the correct term for them. Whatever the things are that hook deep into the pores of the foot feels like ROOTS! So naturally, people without medical terminology bakground, call them roots. They are viciously attached to the skin underneath the outer layer of the foot so they make it horribly painful to be removed. I was a competitive diver for 15 years, walked on wet decks and locker rooms thousands of times, always wore deck shoes, sometimes they just happen and they really inhibit your life. I've had over 25 professional treatments of them an they never get less painful so the 'ROOTS' that get removed are just that, deep, strong, binding, black, spreadable, growable, nerve filled, blood filled roots. I could cut into dry skin pretty deep anywhere on my foot and it wouldnt hurt, you start pulling and cutting on those roots and i feel like someone is pulling nerves from my brain through the bottom of my foot. Maybe im just in pain or maybe im just mad at your stupid comment, let people describe what it feels like to them. If it feels like roots, that's a description and they want to hear advice for it so effff off
that is a lie because i just pulled a planters wart out of my foot myself it hurt and bled for hours but it was a big seed and it was at least half an inch long
I think I am going to loose my mind if I can't clear this thing up.  Thank you all for sharing your horrible stories - somehow it makes me feel better not being alone in my 2 year long frustration of performing self surgery and doctors.  I'm going to try the hot water/Saliacilic Acid/Tape/Live Free technique - I don't think I was patient enough with the first duct tape try, but reading all the posts above I have put together a pretty clear picture of starving it of oxygen is most important.  I also am going to try the Pac-Man technique of mind control, also mentioned.  I will keep you posted.  
Any luck yet? I had the Candida injections done about 2 weeks ago. Seemed to work briefly now the pain has come back and have 2 more now. Im going to try the duct tape again also. Just curious if your is working or not.
46 y/o male: My wart, on the ball of my right foot, is a couple years old and about a quarter inch in diameter.  At first I was desperate and didn't have any Apple Cider Vinegar, so I sprayed Clorox CleanUp on a Cotton Round, and rubbed it on the dry skin.  I tried to apply duct tape, but it wouldn't stick.  So, I used Elmer's glue to hold it on.  My theory is that Clorox kills everything.  And the skin was so thick and calloused, I wasn't too concerned about doing much damage.

The next day, I purchased a 32 oz bottle of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar at Safeway.  I was in a hurry and forgot to buy an emery board.  I got home and soaked my foot in the ACV for about half an hour, and then I was able to dig out what seemed like dead skin, leaving a hole where the callous was.

I actually took a swig off the ACV.  The theory was that somehow it might work from the inside out.  Also, like with the Clorox, I wasn't worried about negative consequences.  I did that again the next day.  But I don't really like the taste or smell, and didn't do it anymore after that.

I dipped a q-tip in the vinegar, and cut the tip off.  Bandaided it over the hole, and covered that with duct tape over night.  It wasn't "burning" painful, but uncomfortable.  I felt like the hard q-tip was keeping the ACV pushed up into the hole.  I had a hard time keeping the duct tape on.  It would come off in the shower.  But eventually - the tape seems to be sticking better.

Additionally I have a hot tub.  So, I've been using it on and off for the past week, about 3 or 4 times, in 30 to 45 minute sessions.

After the first couple nights of ACV treatment, I started using only the q-tip cotton (and not the whole tip cut off), just because it was starting to hurt too much.  It looked like a pretty deep hole.  Also around that time, I found sandpaper in the garage which seemed like a good alternative to an emery board.  I spent several minutes just sanding it down, almost to the point that the hole was no longer a hole.  I was surprised that I could sand so much down with no pain.  It was a lot more comfortable after being sanded down.

Now, a week into it, I have a reddish brown spot where the wart is/was, and I'm continuing the AVC treatment.  If I apply pressure on the skin around the spot, the spot actually pushes out, slightly.  So, maybe that's the actual wart.  I don't have a regimen.  Sometimes I soak in warm water.  Sometimes I use the hot tub, sometimes all I do is replace the q-tip cotton with a fresh dose of ACV.  I was able to manage to keep the duct tape on an entire 24 hours only twice.  Usually, it comes off in the morning and I go without till I get home from work.

When the bottom of my foot is wet, the area that was exposed to ACV is a purplish-white color.  I feel like the ACV is damaging/killing the healthy skin cells.  But I feel like I need to keep doing this.

Hopefully, I'll have some good news to report in upcoming weeks.
Follow up to Oct 15 posting.

The week before October 23 was more painful than before.  I think it was because I'd filed down quite a bit of skin before the nightly applications of ACV.

So, additionally, although I was prepared for the wart to resurface, I wasn't sure it wasn't a sign that I shouldn't take a break and then come back to in in a few more weeks.  Also, I wasn't sure if I shouldn't stop, since I was making the area very sore, and it was hard to assess whether or not I needed to continue.

Unfortunately I have more bad news than good.  After the very first application of ACV, around October 7 or 8, I noticed some very small "craters" I'd say within 1 1/2 inches of the original wart, all on the side of it that is toward the small toe or toward the heal.  They were pinhead sized dry spots, I didn't pay much attention to.  I figured they might be "babies", but that they would just go away (because they seemed so tiny compared to their mama).

So, this is pretty interesting.  It's amazing how thick the skin is on the ball of your foot (at least it is on mine, and was amazing to me).  So, don't be afraid to scrape.  Those babies were still there, and more noticeable after my foot healed after all the original work.  Mama seemed to still be there as well, but pretty battle damaged.  There was lots of dead skin I could scrap away.  The skin turned white after soaking in warm water (like before).  But there was much more of it.

So, I decided to take a new approach.  First, I decided to swab the area before and after with alcohol (like nurses do when they take blood or give you a vaccine).  It just seemed like a good idea.  Then I soaked a cotton round in alcohol and stuck a needle in it to sterilize the tip.  I took the needle and penetrated each baby and mama.  There are a total of six, so far, that I noticed.

I picked each of them open with the needle. The theory is that I needed better ACV penetration.  When I picked at them, they pretty easily split open (along the footprint lines).  There was very minor bleeding.  When open, I peeled them back.  Now, I'm not absolutely sure of this, but I think I'm correct.  It could have been skin or the warts themselves.  But there seemed to be something white that was clinging to the inside surface of the skin I peeled back.  I could scrape these white things off.  I do believe they were pieces of the warts.  They were very small and roundish.  One "baby"opened a wider, thicker area about 1/4 inch in diameter.  The remainder were pretty much "self contained".

So, I went back to my routine from earlier in October: But because there were more, I used both ends of the Q-Tip adjacent to each other, soaked in ACV, and bandaged on with a bigger Band-Aid, covered with duct tape.

After the first or 2nd night something surprising (to me) happened.  The skin I peeled off the wider thicker baby continued to peel over the entire area.  It was a little scary because the skin that peeled off was a good millimeter thick.  I was a little afraid to keep peeling, so I clipped it off with fingernail clippers.  But underneath was fresh pink skin (looked good, not damaged).  Unfortunately, the story it told was that, yes, mama and the babies were alive and well, and went clear through that thick piece of skin.  The lesson from all this: you really need to go deep.  

So, I did my work for about 4 nights straight, but this time the skin was much more sensitive, and now I think I know why some people report of pain with ACV while others do not.  It's because maybe they don't have as much "cushion" - maybe some people are more routinely using a pumice, and I never have.

Anyway, something that could be totally unrelated, but just in case it isn't: A couple days ago I kept feeling like the back of my right pant leg was wet - toward the bottom of the calf.  At first I just thought it was.  But later I knew it wasn't.  It was just odd.  So, I'm not sure that was in any way related to the ACV.  So, I took a night off, both because of this and because it was getting too painful.

OK.  So, this afternoon, I used the hot tub again for a little more than a half hour.  While in the hot tub I examined both feet.  One looked like hell - purplish with all those dark spots (blood?  dying warts?).  But I noticed what looked like 3 or 4 more "babies" that were well off to the side toward the small toe.  They are tiny, white dry spots.  Now I could be paranoid, but that's exactly what I ignored the very first time.  I looked at the other foot thinking we might all just have these "imperfections", but the left foot is completely uniform all the way across.

So, I got back inside and filed down.  I picked open yet another white spot in the original area that's about 1 1/2 inch tall and 1 inch wide.  Now I have a total of 8 spots (2 sets of 4 are connected together)  Mama seems to be slightly wider than any of the others, and a bit deeper.  Originally she was the size of a pencil eraser and is now about a quarter that size.

It's been only a couple months, and I wasn't even thinking about the others till about a week ago.  So, overall, I'd say I'm learning and seeing progress.

Summary:
- one week of ACV treatment on 1 wart only.
- 2nd week involved more scraping.
- About half the third week.  Then a recovery break for about three weeks.
- Notice about half a dozen more (that I know were originally there, but didn't pay much attention to).
- Took a more aggressive approach, with more caution to disinfecting the area with either or both Hydrogen peroxide / rubbing alcohol.  Picking open any white / dry looking spot with a sterilized needle.  Freakishly thick layer of skin peeled off, exposing fresh pink skin that warts clearly penetrated through to.
- Noticed what might be a couple more babies.

I just soaked in a mix of ACV and Hydrogen Peroxide.  The dark spots either came out or got bleached.  So it's a little easier to inspect.

I will continue to pick and scrape for as long as it takes, probably taking breaks between so the skin can heal and I can get a better assessment.
Follow up to December 2 posting.

It's getting toward the end of January, and I just got done with another treatment, so here's my update.

Since a.) I don't have time to "treat" daily, and b.) The warts aren't horrible, and c.) each "treatment" seems to require a healing period, I only treat once per week, on Saturday mornings.

Here's my strategy: On Saturday morning, I fill the bathtub with about an inch of hot water.  Sit on the toilet, and place my right foot into the tub.  I leave it there for about 5 minutes, then I dry off with a towel, and then use a pumice stone to scrape off the dead skin.  The water gets cold, so I drain the tub, and repeat this several times until less dead skins comes off.

Using a cotton round soaked with rubbing alcohol I wipe down the entire ball of my foot, and soak the tip of a needle.  Wait about half a minute, and take another cotton round soaked with hydrogen peroxide, and wipe down the entire area.  This is where my new theory comes in:  I look for "weak spots".  These are areas that turn white.  I figure if an area turns white, that means there's an opening, and if there's an opening then there's still at least some remnant of a wart.  I also notice that some of the white spots seem to be more round, almost like the wart is being bleached.

The only places I find these white spots are where I am sure there were warts.  Now what I do is soak my foot again and then try to scrape down those areas.  The really small ones disappear.

Currently I have 3.  The "mother", one smaller one, and one that at first seemed non-existent, but turned white this time.

I was able to make the smallest one disappear by scraping.

I then take the needle and open up the ones that I can't completely scrape down.  The theory here is that my ACV will be able to penetrate better.  So, I even try to dig out as much white as I feel comfortable with.  With one there was some very slight bleeding.  The "mother" doesn't seem to bleed, but you can see two red "pitted areas" where it seems dead wart pieces fell out from the previous week's treatment.

Next, I do what I've always been doing: I pour the ACV into the cap.  Take off the end of a q-tip and place it in the cap to get it soaked.  I soak the other end of the q-tip in the cap, and wipe down the entire area with the ACV - I do this mainly to punish any potential virus that might have tried to spread.  I then place the piece of cotton over the affected area (luckily these 3 are all close enough to get covered by that small piece of cotton).  I then kind of blot the cotton with some toilet paper, but not too much -- otherwise it's too saturated and leaks out.  I then cover the cotton with a bandaid, and then cover the bandaid with a strip of duct tape.

Then I wash my hands really well.

Usually, it will burn for a day, but then that dissipates over a couple days.  I try not to shower on Saturday, because that tends to loosen up the duct tape.  But on Sunday, I have to, so if it loosens up, I will just reapply a new ACV soaked cotton and some new duct tape.

I leave this on there as long as possible, and it usually doesn't make it through Monday.

But, by the time the duct tape comes off, I can see some black spots, which I'm pretty sure is dead wart.  Those black spots will stay there all week.

I repeat this procedure on the following Saturday, I will practically scrape the dead pieces completely out.

So, right now, I still have the main wart, which seems to be hanging in there, but losing the battle.  The tiny one is probably gone, but I'll have a better idea next weekend.  And the small one is well on its way out.

As far as those other 3 or four I mentioned in an earlier post: they seem to be gone for good.

So, the key here has to do with using the hydrogen peroxide to identify openings.  There are no openings anywhere except for where there are or were warts in the first place.  When I stop seeing these, I'll continue with the pumice / alcohol / hydrogen peroxide (without ACV) for several more weeks until I'm satisfied.

It's been almost 4 months, and I agree with others that you just have to be vigilant.

I have had a Planters Wart for decades and it never really bothered me.  Then it spread and I got more and it started to hurt.  So I used Tea Tree Oil and duct tape.  (A note on duct tape.  There and many different manufactures so you need to find one which will stick to your foot.  They are not all the same.)  So I use a cotton cue tip to apply the Tea Tree Oil and then I put the duct tape over the wart.  I leave the duct tape alone until it starts coming off in 3-4 days, and I reapply the Tea Tree Oil and use new duct tape.  The treatment takes a long time 3-4 months.  It worked great on the tiny ones, they died in a couple of weeks.  The large one took months but it did die.  I thought I had found the perfect solution.  Then another planters wart appeared on my other foot and I used the same system and had no success after 3 months.  Not sure what the lesson is.  I guess tea tree oil and duct tape works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.  I will say they system did eliminate the pain from the Planter's wart as long as I was doing it.  But the pain came back shortly after I stopped.