Please Help

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Please Help

is itchy scrotum due to hiv or not, the itchy feeling comes and goes its like an attack.
please help
Tags: Itchy
The first possibility for an itchy rash on scrotum is a fungal infection. The other possibilities can be numerous like eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, lichen simplex chronicus etc. In order to rule out a HIV infection, it is important to get some investigations done. Confirmation is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot, PCR and ELISA. These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I had done ELISA test 3 or 4 month after the exposure which was protected sex with a pros.
It was negative. Now my scrotum itch, when I lay down it don't itch when I walk or stand it itches. What does it mean ? Please help me thank you.
Thank you Dr. Kaur