Please help, red welts all over body and in hair which really itch and ...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Please help, red welts all over body and in hair which really itch and im going bald :(

Hi, i have red marks all over my body and in my hair. They started gradually about a year ago and have progressively got worse. They really itch and the ones that have been there the longest now really itch and seem to get bigger. I have also started getting a big bald patch on the crown of my head since this started. My scalp is really itchy and dandruff is getting worse. The marks seem to be on or next to veins which makes me think something is feeding on me.

I have been prescribed hydrocortizone and derma cream by my doctor but it hasnt helped and seems to burn. I am really worried by this and it is starting to get me down, please help :(
Tags: head, help, worried, itch, body, hair, bald, worse
  • red spots (1 replies):
    i have red spots on my moustash where some hair stoped g...[more]
  • Small Bald Spot (1 replies):
    I have recently discovered a small bald spot (the size o...[more]
  • hair loos (3 replies):
    my 5 month old baby boy is loosing his hair... he is alm...[more]
  • HAIR LOSS (2 replies):
    Hi I have been getting Bald Spots for the last 4 Year...[more]
  • Please help (1 replies):
    Hello,my 4yr. old son had his hair cut by my husbands fr...[more]
I should have said dermol cream, i look forward to any response, i can upload photos if needs be
For such itchy spots on the body, tinea corporis is an important possibility and for hair, tinea capitis may cause such symptoms of itching and hair loss. Tinea capitis is contagious and can spread after direct contact with someone who has the condition, or if you touch contaminated items such as combs, hats, clothing, or similar surfaces. Diagnosis is by clinical examination of the scalp, KOH examination of the skin scrapings as well as a skin lesion biopsy with microscopic examination.
I would suggest a dermatologist’s for the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.