Please help: Itchy, weeping, crusting, bumps on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello, I have been to three dermatologist, but haven't had success. The first sent a sample of my skin to a lab for tests and the results were negative for any bacterial infections or anthing contagious. The doctor could only say that it was dermatitis. I have had the condition for 3 years now. It was a very suden onset (over night) and occurrs almost every week or two and last for several days. Some of the bumbs are bigger than others and hense, when they erupt, take much loner to heal. The resemble pimples initially bugt itch. They weep clear fluid and turn to scabs. They occurr in the same places: between the eyes, cheeks, and on chin (this seems to be the most common area). My skin tend to feel itchy at night often times and on my face and neck in particular. Could this be an alergy (allergy) to mites? How could it have been such a sudden onset? I have not expossed myself to any new or foreign agents. I've tried to eliminate certain foods (nuts, beer, wheat, dairy, coffee) to see  if it could be a food alergy (allergy), but haven't had success. If you have any ideas, could you please let me know. I hope there is something I can do. Thank you, Justin

Since you are having chronic itchy, weeping bumps, so chances of it being Pityrosporum folliculitis are more. It may be associated with diabetes mellitus, immunodeficiency, and systemic candidiasis. KOH examination and bacterial culture may help in clinching the diagnosis. Antibiotics are not very helpful and topical and oral antifungals are the main treatment.

My sincere advice is to discuss this possibility with your dermatologist and get investigated for this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the response,

I am living in South Korea and it has proven difficult trying to communicate effectively with the doctors here. I really appreciate your correspondance.

The first time I went to a dermatologist in the U.S., a lab test was done using a small patch of my skin on one of the bumps. The test results were negative. I wish I knew what the name of the test was, but could it have been the KOH test you mentioned?

The docotor could only conclude that it was a form of dermatitis and he presctibed a steroid which work temporarily.

Since I have the symptoms on my forehead as well as cheaks, and chin, could that rule out the possibility of Pityrosporum folliculitis? I understand this pathology to be present mostly where the are hair follicles. I haven't had any symptoms other than on my face.

Is an allergy test a good idea and if so would it be an allergist? Are there tests that are comprehensive enough to rule out the vast array of possibilities?

Thank you so much,
Justin
Pityrosproum folliculitis basically sets up an itchy, acne-like eruption. It is not an infection as such; it is an overgrowth of what is normally there i.e the yeast growing on the skin. The spots are located mainly on the upper back, shoulders and chest. Sometimes spots are found on the forearms, back of the hands, lower legs and face. To confrim the diagnosis, KOH examination which I have mentioned earlier and biopsy skin are the best tests,
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Hi I have had similiar issues with weeping acne on my face, like you I thought it was a food allergy that triggered it,  until I got tested and everything came back negative. I went to a accupucturist/naturalpath and he said I had Candida, which in simple terms I have to many bad bacteria inside me and evrytime I eat carbs & sugar I am feeding them. You need to find balance. I did a clense using "Aqua flora"
Candida worked great. Do your research on candida you probably hane other symtoms (symptoms) and do not realize it. There is a simple test you can take. Good Luck! I hope this helps you out.
A great site to learn about Candida is www.sheilashea.com/candida.html
Im currently going through the exact same thing...I know this post is old but I am very nervous about what this is.please anyone help.