Please help me?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Please help me?

Hello Doctors,
                        I am looking for an answer to a disturbing problem that hopefully this site can help get resolved. I have some very strange preciciment and have tried to solve myself, and asked a couple local docters with no answers. I have hoticed a weird white casing attached to 70% of my pubic hair. It isn't painful, just annoying and uncomfortable to deal with.
The Two Doctors I have seen have been baffled. One said it was prbably soap buildup and I should try and switch soaps, I have and it has not helped. Second trip to different doctor said he didn't know, and recommended a dermatologist to see if its skin condition. I cannot afford to see the dermatologist for several months and am hoping to remedy this situation before the end of summer.
The second doctor ruled out lice, as nits are usally only around the base of the hair shaft, and on me the yellow-white casing has developed apon the entire hair.
Its seems that the build up is growing with the hair, and is difficult to remove, even after a shower with a nit comb!
I did buy a used bed from someone many months ago from craigslist, but tried to delouse it with lysol and frebreze but am wondering if its from bed bugs or something similar, since dust-mites live in the mattress forever once their in? Could be caused by a multi-vitamin or something I eat? I am a clean person and bath,wash sheets,towels regularly and am very frustrated and would greatly appreciate any ideas on this unattractive dilemma?
Extraneous matter on hair shafts can result from certain fungal and bacterial infections, head lice, loose keratin casts from the hair follicle, and deposits from hair spray, lacquer, paint or glue.

Trichomycosis is a bacterial infection of the hair shaft found in sweat gland–bearing areas. Trichomycosis pubis a disease specific to the hair and sweat gland–bearing regions of the  of the pubic region.

It is  is caused by proliferation of Corynebacterium (mostly Corynebacterium tenuis) on pubic hair, which prefers the moist microenvironment of the inguinal regions.  Yellow, or less often, black or red, granular nodules or concretions envelop the hair shaft.
Sweat in the region tends to be colored similarly. Lesions present in the inguinal region, often on the scrotum but occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. Lesions can be associated with erythema and itching.

Factors such as hyperhidrosis(increased sweating) initiate more extensive growth and clinical manifestation.
Treatment is by  shaving the affected area. Benzoyl peroxide gel, antibacterial washes and antiperspirants may also be helpful.
Topical clindamycin is helpful in refractory or extensive cases. Additional recommended agents include naftifine hydrochloride cream (1%), which has been used for its combined antifungal and antibacterial actions.

Piedra is an asymptomatic superficial fungal infection of the hair shaft.White piedra shows irregular, white, cream-colored, or brown soft nodules or gelatinous sheaths along the hair shaft. They can be easily detached from the hair shaft. White piedra is found in the hair of the beard, moustache, genitals, and axilla.
White piedra can be treated by using topical antifungals, including imidazoles, ciclopirox olamine, 2% selenium sulfide, 6% precipitated sulfur in petroleum, chlorhexidine solution, Castellani paint, zinc pyrithione, and amphotericin B lotion.

ref:http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic614.htm
ref:http://nahrsmembers.org/home/PatientInformationFAQs/HairShaftDefectsFAQ/tabid/68/ItemId/36/Default.aspx
ref:http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic788.htm
you could try shaving the hair of an see if the problem reoccurs when the hair grows back