Please help: red rash above eyebrow and forehead?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6400811?1290986061
For the last year, every 2 months or so, I'll wake up and find a large red lesion or red "scratch" coming from my forehead and going along my right eye brow.  The mark will stay on my face for about a day or 2 and will completely disappear.  And it's ALWAYS the same right side if it comes back.  The mark does not hurt, itch or irritate at all.  But the fact that I get them worries me.  The latest mark today was bigger and darker than it ever was before.

Any help would be most appreciated

Picture link below...from April to November

It can be due to dermatitis skin, hives or eczema which happens due to certain times of the year. I suggest you to get it evaluated and get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis. It can be either of them and the diagnosis needs to be confirmed by a biopsy.

If the symptoms are not controlled by topical antibiotics, then oral antibiotics may be needed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I get a similiar red rash that randomly appears between my eyebrows, sometimes my eyebrows will even flake.  It doesn't hurt or itch but is noticeable and like you mine disappears on its own.  I was told I had Seborreic Dermatitis.  Its considered autoimmune.  It seems to appear when I am stressed. Hope it helps. If this is it, its not harmful but rather a nuisance.
Thanks free3667 for your response---very interesting.  Like i said earlier, I've been getting them for a year now and never knew what it was.  Because it never really hurt or irritated me--I never asked a doctor.  But today, it came in much larger and it got me worried.

Have you ever found a way to prevent it?  You say stress can bring it on and I'm wondering if there's anyway to prevent it coming back?  
I've never found a way to prevent it.  Like I said, mine seems to appear when I am under stress. So I guess the object to reduce stress,lol...I know, not easy.  I have found putting Hydrocortisone cream on it seems to reduce the duration.  I tried all sorts of lotions to moisten it hoping it would heal faster but nothing I found worked. I still flaked.  It seems worse in colder, dryer weather too. They do make facial bar soap for Seborreic Dermatitis. Its found in pharmacies. I think it has zinc in it.  I use that sometimes on my face instead of regular soap.  If it seems to spread I would have it looked at. Mine just stays between my eyebrows.