Please help
My problem is every night once i get settled to go to sleep i start getting itches on my arms and ear. I no it sounds weird but i don't get it during the day, its only when im trying to sleep. Its been hot lately and i've been sunbathing. could that have anything to do with it??

Madyy

This discussion is related to Rash with Itchy spots only at night.
This can be due to compulsory itching producing an itch-scratch-itch cycle or due to neurodermatitis. Neurodermatitis develops when nerve endings in the skin become irritated, triggering a severe itch-scratch-itch cycle. Common causes of nerve irritation include an insect bite and emotional stress. In such type of itching, cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol, capsacain or local anesthetic creams, amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation prove effective.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.