Plz help... foot red bumps that itches really bad

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi there.. for the past month i been having red bumps coming out of skin on my feet, and also my hands. It itches really really bad. I do not know what to use for it. my doctor appointment is 1 month away and i do not want to go sit in a ER for 12 hrs.. Plz help
From the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, fungal infection or pompholyx. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.