Poison Ivy in between fingers?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Poison Ivy in between fingers?

What will get rid of it fast? I always end up getting ever yr. Right now , I have just been putting some Noxzema on it , always helps w/ itching. Thanks in advance :)
  • dermatology (1 replies):
    how do you treat blisters under the skin on palm of the ...[more]
  • help (1 replies):
    iv had a rash that has lasted 3 months,when they first a...[more]
  • itching (1 replies):
    severe palm itching
  • dermatology (1 replies):
  • water (2 replies):
    i have water blisters on my hand for 8mths now and my ha...[more]

It can be pompholyx and not poison ivy. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons. But some triggers like allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, foods, latex, nickel etc may trigger the symptoms. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks, I started putting witch hazel in between finger a few times a day and it was gone within a week :)