Poison Sumac and belly botton rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Poison Sumac and belly botton rash

I have a rash that started along my wasitline.  It looks to be Poison Sumac but I am not sure.  It it extremly itchy, and has blistered.  It is now very red and I have notice a place on my arm and leg that have started to feel the same way.  I also noticed just before this all started that my belly botton is bright red and itchy.  Is this all related to each other?  Do I need to worry about anything or is this normal?  I am currently using hydrocortizone for my belly botton and Ivy Dry for my waistline.  Please advise!
You are experiencing an allergic outbreak. Contact dermatitis is the name for any skin inflammation that occurs when the skin's surface comes in contact with a substance originating outside the body.
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) results when repeated exposure to an allergen (an allergy-causing substance) triggers an immune response that inflames the skin. Common culprits include poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac; fragrances and preservatives in cosmetics and personal care products; latex items such as gloves and condoms.
The symptoms can take many forms: redness, itching, crusting, swelling, blistering, oozing, dryness, scaliness, thickening of the skin, and a feeling of warmth at the site of contact. In extreme cases, severe blistering can occur and open sores can form.
Your symptoms are all related to the underlying allergy.
The best treatment for contact dermatitis is to identify the allergen or irritating substance and avoid further contact with it.
Treatment includes cool compresses and nonprescription lotions and ointments.You can use what you have been applying or also try Calamine lotion. When the symptoms are severe, corticosteroids applied to the skin or taken orally are used.
For the itching you can take OTC anti-histamines.Contact dermatitis that leads to a bacterial skin infection is treated with antibiotics.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/topic100586656
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers