Possible allergic reaction in genitals??
Hi, for the past month or so I have noticed a random itchy feeling on my genitals (male).  It will occur out of the blue and on average has been occurring once a week.  I will feel an extreme itching sensation on my scrotum and sometimes my penis, then immediately after I lightly scratch it the skin will swell.  I originally thought it could be my testicles, but I really believe it is a reaction that is happening on the surface.  The confusing thing is that it is only happening on my genitals and no where else on the body.  There is no pain whatsoever or odd bumps that pop up, just a painless swelling of the skin that lasts for 6-24 hours.  I am beginning to think it is an allergic reaction to something (maybe my soap?)  I need help bad because this is irritating and very embarassing.  Any advice or insight anyone can give is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or eczema.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how she is doing.

Regards.