Possible pilonidal dimple problem

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Possible pilonidal dimple problem

Hello, first off, I've had these 3 little dimples in the upper region of my "Butt crack" for as long as I can remember. I've never thought anything about them until recently. I've always noticed how bad my "Butt crack" would smell within a single 24 hour period without washing, but had always dismissed this as I was over weight and lived in a rather unsanitary home. (A rundown trailer home with multiple health hazards) In the last year I moved into a normal home and lost some weight, and yet the problem was persisting, So I went and bought a handheld mirror to take a look. (I've only ever had medicine cabnit mirrors that made it near impossible to get a look at my rear as I war fat and the mirrors were high) To my immediate fright, I noticed that the area was a dark color, almost purple, and quite hairy. It has NEVER hurt, or emitted puss from what I have known, I have noticed bleeding from time to time from the three holes, the very top hole is quite deep, so deep infact, that it looks black inside, I'd say around 1/4 of an inch in depth. I got rid of all the hair, and began cleaning it regularly, but the skin has not returned to what I would call a normal color. Should I be worried? It does not hurt, as I stated above, and does not foam when using anti bacterial agents like hydrogen peroxide, It mearly smells foul.
From the symptoms it looks like pilonidal cysts. It is a cyst right over the coccyx area. In this the skin becomes reddened or even sometimes looks like a small bruise. When it is infected, it causes pain. Antibiotics or surgical drainage may be required. Presently, the various methods used are incision and drainage, excision and healing by secondary intention, excision and primary closure and excision with reconstructive flap techniques. Please discuss these options with your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.