Post-Cryotherapy HyperPigmentation
Hi Guys,

I had a pubic molluscum infection which I was treated for Last September and no lesions have recurred.  They used a combination of cryotherapy and imiquimod which was successful but now for the past 6 months I've had noticable improvement on the scars but the hyperpigmentation of where the lesions have been frozen off is still very noticeable (especially in certain lights).  The few lesions i had on my penis and in the pubic hair area are completely normal skin colored (I am a white male) but there are three darker spots, about 1/3 inch in diameter on my inner thighs and on my wasteline.  I've been using mederma for the past couple of months and it has been effective but i thought by now these wouldn't be really noticeable anymore..

Should I try for a different lotion?  Should a different lotion be used for your genital area than on your face or other area?   How long do these take to go away?  My dermatologist who performed the cryosurgery was very general and only said "itll takesome months" and said "lotions" "could help" but didn't go into any further detail.  

I want to get rid of these because they are very embarassing to look at.

Thanks and any help is appreciated,

Peace

The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment.Apply hydroquinone cream on this scar and it should go away in a few days to months.If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Hey! a dermatologist for no apparent reason other than those associated with earning a quick buck! conducted cryotherpy on me ! I had such nice skin!! and now my skin is so bad !! and have what another dermatologist calls hyperpigmentation (dark scars on my skin)... please advise!!!! will it go ??has he burnt me? i am so worried they look so bad - i need to know whether this heals and if il regain my orignall healthy skin!!! it has been three months with very little improvement - am even using mella cream! - HELP!!

Extremely worried
Cryoed!