Post Scabies Itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Post Scabies Itch

Hello, over 7 months ago I was diagnosed with scabies. It took over 4 months of treatment to rid myself of them. In that time I used 8 treatments (6 permethrin and 2 malathion). My last application of permethrin was in November 09 and the doctor told me it would take up to 2 months for the itch to subside. However it is now been 4 months and I still have itchy skin (not anyway near as bad as with scabies though). Although I have itchy skin I know I no longer have scabies as any spots or itching I do get goes away after a day or so, without treatment. My itching is usually localized to an immediate spot and that spot will go after a day without treatment. I can also feel an itch and have no spot in that area. The spots are usually raises bumps and some release fluid when burst, some however cannot be burst. The itch is not and extremely irritant itch and will only bug me 4 - 5 times a day. Any insight into what is causing this itchy skin would be much appreciated, thank you.