Post Scabies: Itching bumps/bites on Groin & Butt

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I was diagnosed with scabies about two months ago. My doctor gave me two sets of 5% permethrin cream to use two weeks apart. I did that, and things are better now. I don't have all the little red bumps on my legs and arms and stomach. The only thing that worries me, is I still have bumps around my groin and buttock area. I've looked up every STD in the book, because I started to go into panic mode for a little while wondering what this could be, but they don't look like herpes or anything.
They are just very large and round, and look exactly like mosquito bites. They itch very, very badly, and if I scratch them too badly they sting and then form a little scab on them, which just peels off and they still don't go away. Some days they look smaller than other days, it just varies. They dermatologist said if they weren't away by now to come back and see him, but I am in college and about to be on Christmas break with my family, and I don't have the time or money right now for that.

Are these bumps still associated with the scabies I had? Or should I be worried that they may be something else?
Please help me, I hate feeling so uncomfortable from the itching, and feeling self-conscious from they way they look on my butt and bikini line.

Thanks so much!
-FlightlessBird
its scabies dont worry thay will heal now you have had treatment.its just embarasing where thay are
It may be due to recurrent scabies for which you may need another round of permethrin and ivermectin. Permethrin and oral ivermectin are the treatment options of scabies. Sometimes there may be recurrent and chronic cases which may require oral treatment of ivermectin. Also permethrin has to be used head to the bottom of the feet, paying special attention to skin folds and the webs between fingers and toes and this cream has to be left for 10-14 hours. Sometimes itching of scabies persists for a few days after completion of treatment also. So if you are having the symptoms even after stopping the treatment then please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.