Aa
A
A
Close
Pox-like rash for 5 weeks, no discomfort
About 5 weeks ago, I felt very mild flu symptoms: slightly feverish and with overall body aches. This "flu" lasted about 1 week. Then, once the flu symptoms went away, I noticed a red, puffy, shingles-like blister (6mm in diameter) on my upper left thigh. It wasn't itchy or painful at all. In December 2010, I had developed a case of shingles near my right armpit which spread to my back, and so I thought I might be getting shingles again.

I checked myself every day for more blisters but there were none. A few days after this first blister showed up, I noticed a lot of little dots popping up on my right arm. On average they were about 2mm in diameter and red in color, but they weren't itchy or painful. 2 or 3 days later, more little dots appeared on my left arm. A few days after that, the dots were all over my body. I still wasn't feeling any itchiness or discomfort.

I've lost 15lbs since this began. I have greatly increased the amount of food I eat, and I'm eating much healthier foods, but I can't seem to gain any of the weight back. The initial blister disappeared about 3 weeks in, and there's a pinkish scar where it was. But all the little dots are still here. When I wake up in the morning the dots aren't there, but by the afternoon they rise up, turn reddish, and stay like that all day.

I'm a 22-year old female, and I had chickenpox at age 5. I have no history of allergies, and I do not take any medications, vitamins, etc. Any information you may have on this is very much appreciated.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Such a rash which is present generalized, all over the body can be due to viral infection or allergic reaction. Hence it looks like a viral infection which is causing these symptoms. Please get an examination done from a pediatrician to confirm the diagnosis. Till then apply calamine lotion on the itchy rash and take oral antihistaminic like Benadryl for itching.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank