Premature graying and hair loss

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Premature graying and hair loss

I started graying when I was 14, now I am 18 and have lots of grey hair. I am underweight and am losing hair too. I lose about 20 to 35 hair every I time take a shower but my hair is still very full, I am apprehensive about the future though. I would like to know what kinds of foods can help me and if dyeing will ruin my hair further. Please give further advice too.
  • help (1 replies):
    is there any cure for premature graying of hairs??? plea...[more]
  • White hair (1 replies):
    Hi my daughter is 11 years old and since she was 8 I not...[more]
  • Hair problems (1 replies):
    I have premature greying. it can be due to genetical rea...[more]
  • premature graying of hair (2 replies):
    HOW TO CURE PREMATURE GRAYING OF HAIR. I HAVE MANY WHITE...[more]
  • GRAY HAIR (1 replies):
    Iam 26 year old male. About 5 years ago i started havin ...[more]

The various causes for premature graying of hair are genetics or hereditary factors, malnutrition and a diet deficient in vit B , smoking ,thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean condition of the scalp, drying it with an electric dryer and use of hair dyes. Take a healthy nutritious diet and some vitamin B supplements for some days. If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Also then get telogen effluvium which may be responsible for your hair fall ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.