Prickly Arm Itch
The Cure, 30 years of experience with this and now it’s gone. The cure is so simple you may not believe it. I started getting this prickly arm itch in the early 1980s and have dealt with it ever since. Like most others, I tried all of the topical itch remedies for itching which proved mostly ineffective. At one point I even applied a hot needle to the little pinpoint itches to burn them out. I had a friend at the time who was a cosmetics chemist for Max Factor. She developed a cream for me that was very effective for temporary relief, I have no idea what was in it. After it ran out and I was no longer in touch with her, I found two remedies that were very effective, but still only provided temporary relief, not a cure.

The first one was sunburn gel made from aloe and lidocaine (probably what the chemist used). It proved more effective than any itch remedies found at the drug store. But it dries out in a while and loses its effectiveness, needing another application. But what if you want to get a good nights sleep without soiling the sheets with lotions and gels? You may have heard that duct tape is good for a lot of application, here’s another one. That’s right, duct tape. Apply duct tape to the itch and it’s gone immediately. And it will stay gone until the tape is removed, letting you get a full night’s sleep. These treatments are both good for temporary relief, but I did say “the cure.”

The Real Cure: The real cure is in your bath soap. I discovered in the late 1980s that by using Caress Bath Soap, the itch never comes back. After a few years of using Caress I had forgotten about the itch and changed my bath soap, the itch returned, I went back to Caress. 10 years later I experience the same thing again, thinking the itch was forever gone I changed soaps. That is when I discovered the temporary relief remedies mentioned above. I switched back to Caress. That was about 5 years ago and the itch has never returned. So simple it’s hard to believe but I can tell you that it works for me. Change your bath soap to Caress and the itching will stop permanently.

This discussion is related to Severe Itching on arms.
I live in europe, the island of Mallorca to be exact and have not found Caress soap here. Is there any information you could give me from the packaging to help me find something similar? I would really appreciate it as I am another 60-year-old woman being driven crazy every night! I find that wrapping cotton tightly round the arm allows me to sleep for a while but will certainly try duct tape while I hunt foir Caress or the equivalent! I long for a proper night's sleep after months without one. I had better try drinking more wáter too I guess as I have read on this thread that dehydration may be a contributing factor... Cheers!