Dermatology Community
Prickly Heat Whiteheads?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prickly Heat Whiteheads?

Does Prickly Heat rash form whiteheads, I woke up this morning with a rash on my upper chest (above pecs) and upper back (triangle between neck and shoulder blades).  The chest is just red bumps the back on the other hand is quite raised and has hundreds (not kidding) of whiteheads, it is not terribly itchy but I definitely can tell something is going on back there.

I presume it is Prickly Heat as I moved to S. Fla in the last six months, it was mid-80s and I worked outside most the day before (my lower half was in the water and my upper half was in sunlight with a cotton shirt on).

Just want to make sure this doesn't sound like something else that would require a visit to the derm...
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I should also add that I have sebhorreic dermatitis on my scalp that I am treating with Nizoral and have dry eyes (seems to be chronic) not sure if that helps at all.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Although it is difficult for me to confirm anything without examination but one possibility is of lichen nitidus. It is characterized by 1-2 mm, discrete and uniform, shiny, flat-topped, pale flesh-colored or reddish-brown papules. Generally it is self limiting but severe cases may need glucocorticoids.

I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated. Also then it has to be differentiated from folliculitis which may present with similar symptoms.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
thanks will do, bad timing on my part I saw my derm for a checkup 2 days before this occurred!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...