Dermatology Expert Forum
Problem at my penis tip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Problem at my penis tip
I am 33 years old, I have noticed a redness at my penis tip 1 month ago and slowly the area of problem is increasing and neared to the pee hole.
Even though it is not hurting me but I am worried, kindly see the photo and advise.
Thanks for posting your query.

The redness at tip of penis can be due to irritation of the skin causing dermatitis skin. It can be due to contact with cloth of underwear, sweating, abrasions or contact with detergents or soaps. If the area if itchy or there is some white discharge then we can think of a fungal infection.

Apply calamine lotion, wear cotton clothes and use mild soaps like Dove. Also use lubrication during intercourse or masturbation. If the symptoms persist you can add 1% hydrocortisone to the regimen. Also then get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.