Dermatology Community
Progressive Rash in 2 year old, with no itching (as yet)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Progressive Rash in 2 year old, with no itching (as yet)

Hi, I am not sure if anyone can help, without seeing my 2 year old. So, I will try to describe the symptoms. To start with, my son had small raised, red pimples, that looked like bite marks (from midges). He had approximately 5 on his body in different areas. After about a week he developed diahhorea (for two days, and I am not sure if there is any connection). He was sneezing, and had no cold symptoms. At the same time, he developed rash, that initially looked similar to nappy rash, but it was mainly on one bootock, and the rash was raised. Then it moved to another bottock, and down his leg. Today it is on his foot, and some on his arm. My son is not itching as yet. He seems irritable, but has no temperature. He has been a bit off his food, but can be easily tempted with sweets. Any suggestions? I am likely to be fobbed of by our GP, as he has no fever, so he is unlikely to be seen any time soon...
Related Discussions
  • tempreture and rash (1 replies):
    I have a rash which started on my torso and has now spre...[more]
  • Red Rash (1 replies):
    my son has red bumps that look like bug bits on his tumm...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    I have rash on my neck an i use rash cream on them but t...[more]
  • What the problem? (1 replies):
    bumps only on stomach that look like mosquito bites that...[more]
  • i need help (1 replies):
    hi my name is shola i hv some problem with my skin and ...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
995833_tn?1375604252
A viral rash is most likely.Calamine lotion for ext application helps. Do show your doctor.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it looks like hives or urticaria which appear and disappear in response to a viral infection or an allergic reaction. You can give him some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin after consulting your doctor. You may also need topical and oral steroids which are available under prescription. Also wear cotton clothes. If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...