Protruding Blood Vessel

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Protruding Blood Vessel

I have a small purple lump on my nose and my doc says it is a protruding blood vessel.  I'm not sure if this is correct.  If it is - what can I do to make it go away?

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but I feel that your doctor must be talking about either lobular capillary hemangioma of the nose or nasal polyps.
Nasal capillary hemangioma is a lesion consisting of numerous, closely packed capillaries usually separated only by a thin network of reticulin.Nasal polyps are fleshy growths that protrude from the nasal or sinus membranes. Most nasal polyps are benign growths and are due to inflammation or infection in the nose or sinuses.

Both of them require biopsy and surgical excision.Pls consult an ENT surgeon for that.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.