Dermatology Community
Pubic Hair Folicle
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pubic Hair Folicle

Hi,

I have a tendency to get infected hair folicles and recently I have numerous ones around my pubic region. I am just trying to figure out if this is something different than usual? If I find one I can typically pull it out with tweezers and wash the area with soap and water. I think it is either a fungus like jock itch or some kind of allergic reaction. Once I remove the hair or the debri in folicle or the pore it typically clears up with in a week.

Another thought that has crossed through my mind is since me and my girlfriend were engaged we have had an increase in sexual activity. could this be an allergic reaction to latex or lubricant from condoms? We were typically using trojans but in the last two weeks have switched to durex I never had a reaction to trojan condoms. I don't have any discomfort during urination or an kind of lesions on my penis. I try to keep my pubic area well groomed because of my tendency to to have hair folicles get clogged and infected and sometimes almost cystic. It does not itch but certain ones are sensitive to pressure which is more than likely my fault for trying to clean them or remove hairs.

Any suggestions?