Dermatology Community
Puffy, Red and Burning Face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Puffy, Red and Burning Face

This morning I woke up with my face feeling like it was burning.  When I looked in the mirrow, my face looked puffy and was red.  The redness was around the side of my eyes, on my upper cheek and below my nose.  I don't know why or how this happened.  I don't know if its a skin problem or an allergic reaction.  I haven't done anything out of the ordinary.  I do raise pigeons and not sure if that could have anything to do with why my face is puffing up, turning red and feels like its burning.  Any suggestions on what this could be?
Related Discussions
Avatar f tn

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you had allergic reactions in the past?

'Puffy eyes can result from a number of causes, including:

    * Heredity
    * Fluid retention such as due to changes in weather or hormone levels
    * Allergies or dermatitis, especially if puffiness is accompanied by redness and itching
    * Certain medications
    * Kidney or thyroid dysfunction.'

'There are a number of steps you can take to prevent and reduce mild under-eye puffiness:

    * Get enough sleep at night. For most adults, seven to eight hours a night appears to be the best amount of sleep.
    * Sleep with your head slightly raised. Add an extra pillow or prop up the head of your mattress. This helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep.
    * While sitting up, apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your eyes for a few minutes. You can also use chilled cucumber slices, a refrigerated gel mask or chilled, damp tea bags.
    * Reduce allergy symptoms. Avoid allergens when possible, and ask your doctor about over-the-counter or prescription allergy medications.'

You could read more about the condition at the following link -

If puffiness is severe and persistent or you notice swelling (edema) in other parts of your body, see your doctor.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources